Re: Testing boot loaders

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 04:34:12PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> On 01/03/17 15:00, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 08:57:15AM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> >>Yes, I agree. What I don't know yet is whether there's a comparatively
> >>straightforward way to copy the loader (plus its header etc.) into the
> >>appropriate area of Qemu's address space and then transfer to it. Ideally
> >>after that there would be enough startup messages to indicate that the
> >>kernel was running, even if there wasn't emulated framebuffer hardware.
> >>
> >>I think that the latest Qemu might have MX50 support, but at this stage it's
> >>the initial boot that's interesting.
> >
> >Hmm, all I had seen was MX25.  Looking at the git tree I see 25, 31 and 6,
> >but no 5x.
>
> Is this relevant? It's come via Android but does appear to have hardware
> definitions.
>
> https://github.com/esminc/qemu/tree/master/Source/device-qemu/android/android-goldfish-3.4/arch/arm/mach-imx

Well that is in fact a linux-3.4 android kernel source tree, not qemu.

See https://github.com/esminc/qemu/blob/master/Source/device-qemu/android/android-goldfish-3.4/README

So no help there unfortunately.  Getting the hardware difinitions is easy.
Emulating them on the other hand is not.

--
Len Sorensen