Re: How do I turn the radio in a pi 3b off

On Tuesday 10 January 2017 14:13:41 Alan Corey wrote:

> man interfaces, change  /etc/network/interfaces
>
> ifdown wlan0
> should bring it down in the short term

That gave no perms errors, I tried to edit it w/o removeing the chattr +i
attribute, fixed and +i restored.  Otherwise a reboot destroys my
network setup by running something like network-mangler at bootup. My
network here is totally static, host based, and network-destroyer has
never learned to play nice with a static network.  If anyone ever starts
a reward fund to permanently remove it, I've got a donation.  They have
thanks to howls for scalps, removed its dependencies so it can be
removed with the package manager, but some ID10T changed its name for
arm for  starters, and didn't keep the patch that keeps if from nuking a
static setup. I had to reconfigure it at every bootup until I discovered
the chattr +i applied to interfaces, and resolv.conf.  Grrrrr.

Anyway. I believe I've whupped up on this, at least until I know better.

Thanks for the hints, all of you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)