Re: Gigabyte MP30-AR1

On 12/09/2016 21:49, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 09:33:12PM +0100, Michael Howard wrote:
As mentioned in an earlier post, the debian installer didn't work with the
AR0 board either. Debian are a bit behind the curve on these server boards.
Could be interesting to compare the /boot/config file for the ubuntu
and debian kernels, and even the Centos one for that matter.

Comparing the config might not reveal much as there is considerable patching (on the centos side at least) and even though I have built my own debian kernel using their config as a base, it doesn't, for example, see the internal MMC card (unless I stick to their 4.2 source). This I believe is down to acpi/pci magic amongst other things.

Gigabyte provided a Ubuntu kernel & rootfs for the AR0 variant (no source though, despite my requests) but it is basic and old.

Mike.

--
Mike Howard