Re: SD card device name changed on wandboard quad.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 12:48:53AM +0100, peter green wrote:

> While upgrading a wandboard quad from 4.4 to 4.6 (debian armmp kernels) I
> got a boot failure. I tracked this down to the device name for the SD card
> changing from mmcblk0 to mmcblk2
>
> Any idea why this has changed? There don't seem to be any other
> lower-numbered mmcblk devices.

Hello,

this behaviour change possibly results from the follwing commit:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?id=9aaf3437aa72ed5370bf32c99580a3fa2c330e3d

The commit log states "Another side effect from this change, is
that the same index is used for the mmc host device, the mmcblk
device and the mmc block queue".

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der