Re: SD card device name changed on wandboard quad.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 1:48 AM, peter green wrote:

> While upgrading a wandboard quad from 4.4 to 4.6 (debian armmp kernels) I
> got a boot failure. I tracked this down to the device name for the SD card
> changing from mmcblk0 to mmcblk2

I would suggest using filesystem UUIDs if that is possible in this
scenario, since that will avoid caring about where the kernel decides
to put the block device within its block device namespace.

> Any idea why this has changed? There don't seem to be any other
> lower-numbered mmcblk devices.

Any interesting differences in dmesg before/after?

Did the DeviceTree file change?

--
bye,
pabs