Re: Hybrid armhf/arm64 system

+++ Phil Endecott [2016-05-14 15:25 +0000]:
> Hi Wookey,
>
> Thanks for looking at that for me.
>
> Do you think it makes sense to use testing?  I.e. do I get more benefits
> from post-jessie fixes in testing, or more "surprises" from testing breakages?
>
> (I have nearly always used testing on x86 systems, but I've been more
> cautious with ARM after some surprising breakages of the "hardly
> anyone is using this so we can change it" kind.)

I consider the stable/testing choice/tradeoffs to be exactly the same for arm and x86.
So it depends what you are using the box for.

Also there are quite a few things that didn't make it into jessie for
arm64 because they just weren't working (like abiword), so the 'new
arch' aspect definitely pushes a little more towards stretch.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/