Help need with build failure of ceph 10.2.5-2 on armel

Hi

The build of the most recent version of ceph fails on armel[1]. As far
as I understand the log, the first failure (a bit above the end of the
log) is because armel does not support NEON (-mfpu=neon) despite the
configure check for this succeeding.

The autotools based build system uses the following check:
AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG(-mfpu=neon, ax_cv_support_neon_ext=yes, [])

Is it correct that for armel NEON has to be disabled or this there a way
to support NEON instructions on armel? And how could I fix the above
test to correctly disable NEON for armel.

AFAICS the build failure appears if a source file uses
"#include <arm_neon.h>".

AFAIU the build tries to build a plugin with NEON instructions to be
used depending on runtime detection.

Thanks,
Gaudenz

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ceph&arch=armel&ver=10.2.5-2&stamp=1482596609
--
PGP: 836E 4F81 EFBB ADA7 0852 79BF A97A 7702 BAF9 1EF5