Re: armel after Stretch (was: Summary of the ARM ports BoF at DC16)

Lennart Sorensen wrote...

> I actually highly doubt there are that many armv7 boxes running armel.
> armhf was a nice performance improvement and worth the hassle to reinstall
> if you had such a box in the first place.  I think most armel systems
> are probably armv5, often the marvell chips.  Not sure if anyone is
> running it on Raspberry pi (Original, not 2 or 3) systems (...)

That would be me. If somebody has instructions how to build (or: where
to get) a current u-boot that boots a vanilla kernel, resulting in a
system that does *not* see 8kIRQ/sec, I'll happily take a hint.

At the moment, I run the 4.1 series based on the huge Raspbian patch,
which is quite painful. Forwarding to even 4.4 failed.

Lesson learned: Never buy hardware that's not supported mainline, or
will be in a forseeable time.

    Christoph

PS: I think it's about time to restrict this to debian-arm, Reply-To:
    set.