Re: Debian on Qnap TS-109

Hello,

On 09/13/2016 07:57 PM, [ftp83plus] wrote:
>  1. I can't log in through SSH using root user. It denies me access even
>     when I use the password set during setup. I can log in using the
>     standard user, and perform "su" to get to root. How come root can't
>     log in directly?

check your /etc/ssh/sshd_config. It has something like

	PermitRootLogin without-password

which should explain the failure nicely.

>  2. More annoyingly, it beeps every two minutes for unknown reasons.

something in dmesg?

>  3. The "status" LED is flashing red. LAN LED is off, although the NAS
>     does receive a valid IP address on the LAN.

Look into /sys/class/leds, there is a directory for each led which
contains a file trigger which defines how the led behave.

Which kernel version are you using?

Best regards
Uwe