Re: Gigabyte MP30-AR1

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:58:30AM +0200, Hector Oron wrote:
> However, there is still one more issue when relocating initramfs and that needs
> CONFIG_ARM64_VA_BITS_48=y
> but I am told that breaks userland, so it might need to be reverted.

Well it "breaks" code that was wrong by design to begin with.  It seems
it is being worked on to fix that.

You would think after running into trouble so many times over the decades
people would have stopped doing flags in the top bits of pointers by now,
but no, some people just can't leave those "unused" bits alone.

--
Len Sorensen