Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification

* Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> [2016-06-06 15:14]:
> However, I will admit (again) that armel is starting to lose upstream
> support in some cases. I'm tempted to suggest that Stretch should be
> the last release for armel for that reason.

Which upstream problems do you see?

And do you know how long ARM/Linaro are planning to support it
upstream?

I'm torn at the moment.  On the one hand, we have a lot of armel users
and mainstream armel hardware was sold until fairly recently.  On the
other hand, assuming LTS jessie will support armel, that might be long
enough for the hardware to get mostly (or finally :) obsolete.

I definitely think we should make a decision one or the other way
and document it appropriately if we intend to drop armel after
stretch.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/