Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification

On 2016-06-05 14:46 +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> > [0]: I'd define core packages as everything needed to install, boot, and
> > then build packages on that arch.  The rebootstrap project gives us some
> > idea of what those are;  but add to that the kernel and any bootloaders.
> > Being able to rebootstrap, should be part of the arch release
> > qualification anyway IMHO.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Hmm, the rebootstrap idea is interesting as a new requirement.  I will
> look into it.

Last time I did the sums this was about 500 packages. It has probably risen a little since then.

This pages gives the current numbers (and packages):
http://bootstrap.debian.net/essential.html

It's now between 564 and 709 depending exactly what you calculate, or 641-796
if you can't use existing M-A:foreign packages, and 2231-2641 if you
can't use existing arch:all packages

Wookey
http://wookware.org/