Re: Odd messages booting Cubox-i4 Pro "imx-gpc 20dc000.gpc: failed to get pu regulator: -517" and "ERROR: could not get clock /usdhc1_pwrseq:ext_clock(0)"

On Thu, 2016-02-04 at 14:44 +0100, John Holland wrote:
> > On 04.02.2016, at 14:04, Nigel Sollars <nsollars@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > There seems to be a good explanation here,
> >
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2013/12/msg00038.html
> >
> >> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:
> >> Does anyone know what the error messages
> >>
> >> Does anybody know what is causing the subject error messages?
> Personally, I'm more worried about this,

-517 is the error EPROBE_DEFER which is used when a driver can't get
it's resources (probably) due to a dependant driver not being
initialised yet. The device driver framework will retry later any driver
that returns that error value, so -517 errors may be normal for a system
and not true 'errors'. Of course, if the dependant driver is never
successfully loaded then it would be a true error.

--
Tixy