Re: Qnap / mv643xx_eth link dropping

On 2016-01-21 13:18, JM wrote:
I recently upgraded my LAN to 1Gbps and noticed that file transfers
from my NAS would be interrupted.

I had problems with TCP offloading on my Qnap TS-420, which also uses the mv643xx driver. But that would only disconnect a TCP connection, and as far as I can remember didn't reset the ethernet link.

Still it might be worth to try disabling TCP offloading in /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
       offload-rx off           # disables TCP RX offloading
       offload-tx off           # disables TCP TX offloading

Thomas