Re: question -- does this look right to you?

On 2016-01-05, Rick Thomas wrote:
> When running Debian (Sid, in this case) and I do “fw_printenv” it
> gives an error message about a bad CRC and using default environment…
>
>> rbthomas@sheeva:~$ sudo fw_printenv
>> Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment
>> bootargs=
>> bootcmd=
> This is definitely *not* the environment I see when running U-boot…
>
>> Marvell>> printenv
>> baudrate=115200
>> bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200
>> bootargs_console=console=ttyS0,115200
>> bootcmd=setenv bootargs ${bootargs_console}; run bootcmd_mmc; bootm 0x00800000 0x01100000

When you boot, does u-boot print a warning about using the default
environment?

If there is no default environment saved, fw_printenv will just show the
compiled in defaults for fw_printenv, which will almost certainly be
different than the compiled-in defaults for u-boot, which is built for a
particular platform.

>> Marvell>> saveenv
>> Saving Environment to NAND...
>> Erasing NAND...
>> ^MErasing at 0x60000 -- 100% complete.
>> Writing to NAND... OK
>> Marvell>>
>
> So I presume the “Device offset” in /etc/fw_env.config is correct.  Or is there something I don’t know about going on?

After you've run saveenv from u-boot, does fw_printenv still show a
different environment? Does u-boot print a warning at boot about using
the default environment at boot after using saveenv?

live well,
  vagrant