Re: Exec format error when trying to bootstrap armhf

On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 21:52, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
> > I use next command to bootstrap:
> > qemu-debootstrap --foreign --no-check-gpg --arch=armhf \
>
> --no-check-gpg sounds like a very bad idea, don't use it.

I think so but I just copied this from the example given at the link
mentioned in my previous post.

> > chroot: failed to run command ‘/debootstrap/debootstrap’: Exec format error
>
> This sounds like a binfmt issue, what do you have here?
>
> /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/qemu-arm

There where no this file on my machine in this directory.

Now I understand problem (I think) and the problem is solved by
re-installing qemu-user-static package.

I restarted bootstrapping and it works now but it is crawling more than
a half an hour and not finished yet on I7 machine with 6GB RAM.

Thank you for the help.