Re: rawtherapee FTBFS on arm (C++11 issue)

Hello Philip,

On Wed, 2015-11-04 at 10:46 +0100, Philip Rinn wrote:
> Now rawtherapee FTBFS on arm64, armel, armhf, powerpc, ppc64el and
> s390x  [...] The error is the same on all failing architectures:
>
> [...]
> > rtengine/dcraw.cc: In member function 'void
> > DCraw::kodak_radc_load_raw()':
> > rtengine/dcraw.cc:2076:3: error: narrowing conversion of '-2' from
> > 'int' to 'char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
> [...]

> Do you have any ideas why it FTBFS on arm?
The most likely case is that on the failing architectures, the type
'char' is considered to be unsigned (The standard leaves that open),
and hence the compiler doesn't know how to convert a negative number.

> And - in the best case - do you have an idea how to fix?
Change the type of 'src' to 'signed char' and it will compile (I just
tried this).

Best,
Gert