Re: Cubox i4pro real time clock(s)

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 15:33 -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Karsten Merker wrote:

Please, all, try and keep the BTS in the loop rather than splitting the
relevant information over various different locations.

> >> Hi Karsten,
> >> Can you give me a guess as to when this will be available in sid/unstable?
> >
> > Hello,
> > unfortunately I cannot really provide an estimate. I do not have
> > write access to the Debian kernel repository, so I cannot commit
> > the change myself and I also do not know when the kernel
> > maintainers plan to upload the next kernel update.
> >
> > Ian, could you perhaps enable CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8523 for the armhf
> > kernel builds in SVN (bug #782364)?
> > Regards,
> > Karsten
>
> Hi Karsten,
> It's OK.  It will happen when it happens.  I've got time.  I was just
> being impatient... /-;
>
> If Ian enables CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8523, without disabling
> CONFIG_RTC_DRV_SNVS, will that cause problems for the cubox models
> that do not have a battery backed clock???  Or will they just ignore
> the driver for hardware that they don't have?

I don't know, which is why I'm wary of just making either change.

I know next to nothing about which cubox models there are nor what
features/rtcs they might each have. Does anyone have a cu-box with only
the SNVS driver they can try?

At the moment my inclination is to enable both drivers and see what
happens.

Ian.