Re: Summary of the ARM ports BoF at DC15

+++ Paul Wise [2015-09-14 15:31 +0200]:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Lucy Wayland wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 03:55:38PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >> On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 16:58 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >> Does this issue go away entirely if we move from a v4t to v5 base, or
> >> are there also v5 instructions which are (potentially) absent in v8? (I
> >> think so, but I don't have my references to hand).
> >
> > SWP and SWPB - these were deprecated in ARMv7 but absent in ARMv8.
>
> Should we have a lintian or other archive-wide scan for these
> instructions in the arm64 arch?

It would certainly be useful QA. As would scans for v7-only instructions
in armel, and proabably a range of similar checks on other arches.

There would be false positives from code that maintains multiple code paths.

Does a code-scanner for such things exist? IIRC ubuntu did some of
this for their armv5->armv5 transition.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/