Re: nodejs on arm64 now in experimental

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 04:25:32PM +0100, Edmund Grimley Evans wrote:
> Doesn't "softfloat" refer to the ABI rather than the hardware? So you
> can pass floats in integer registers, as if you didn't have any FPU,
> but move them into FPU registers to do arithmetic.

I believe you can optionally have libraries detect hardware support
for VFP and move to FPU register and do the work and move back, but you
don't have to, and I was under the impression most code did pure software
floatingpoint on armel.

That won't work well with code that assumes it can use VFP instructions,
since it probably also assumes you can pass in FPU registers then.
But I could be wrong.

--
Len Sorensen