What is in the U-boot "default environment"?

I just purchased a CuBox-i and installed Debian on it.  It works like a champ — and the HDMI video is really cool on my TV!

But I have a question…

Watching the (USB) serial console output during booting, I notice the following:

> resetting ...
>
> U-Boot SPL 2014.10+dfsg1-5 (Apr 07 2015 - 22:16:43)
>

> U-Boot 2014.10+dfsg1-5 (Apr 07 2015 - 22:16:43)
>
> CPU:   Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 at 792 MHz
> Reset cause: WDOG
> Board: MX6-CuBox-i
> DRAM:  2 GiB
> MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0
> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

I understand the “bad CRC” as I’ve never done a “saveenv” so there is no environment for it to read.  But that begs the question: What is in the default environment?

It boots just fine, so the default environment must be up to the job, but I’m curious.

Thanks for any help!
Rick

PS: For reference by future CuBox-i purchasers, I’ll write up a log of what I did to get it to install Debian Jessie someday soon!  It wasn’t completely trivial (the parts were scattered about and it took some serious googling to get them together) because much of the stuff on the web is out of date and doesn’t apply to Jessie.

PPS:  The new U-boot is really cool.  Somebody has put a lot of work into generalizing and streamlining the boot process so now it works on just about any Arm computer.  I wonder if it would work on my sheeva-plug and other kirkwood devices?  Has anybody tried it?