Re: Kirkwood installation on QNAP TS-420U

On Sat, 2015-06-27 at 12:02 +0200, Nagel, Peter (IFP) wrote:
> My problem was that I have done the installation without any user
> account (using the expert mode) which is a bad idea if ssh is the only
> connection and root is (by default) not allowed to login via ssh.

My understanding was that skipping the addition of a regular user was
supposed to enable ssh logins for root. Perhaps I am mistaken and a
serial console is assumed. In either case I think a bug report against
the installer would be appropriate, which you can file with "reportbug
installation-reports" (perhaps after "apt-get install
installation-reports").

> However, I was able to change the  '/PermitRootLogin/' settings within
> the //etc/sshd_config/ ...
>
> #/PermitRootLogin //|without-password|/
> /PermitRootLogin yes/
>
> ... which has solved my problem.

Great! An installation report would still be appreciated though.

Thanks,
Ian.