IXP4xx support dropped in Debian stretch

This has been mentioned before but I don't think there's been an explicit
announcement, so: IXP4xx support has been dropped in Debian stretch
(Debian testing, what will become Debian 9).  IXP4xx is the platform
used by the Linksys NSLU2.

Even though Debian installer support was removed a long time ago, you
can apt dist-upgrade to jessie and stay on jessie until security support
runs out in a few years.  (My web site has a wheezy tar ball you can install
and then upgrade to jessie.  I no longer have a NSLU2 so there are no plans
to update the tar ball.)

Hopefully by the time jessie's security runs out people can retire
their slugs :-)

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/