Re: 3.16 kernel features on QNAP TS-212p

Thanks for the reply. I am currently waiting for a USB-TTL converter and once I receive it, I will begin testing the 4.0 kernel.

Best regards,
Jan

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:

On Sun, 2015-05-17 at 20:25 -0700, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Ian, are you familiar with these features?

Not really.

For #2 a bug report against the kernel would be appreciated so we can
consider enabling it for Stretch if not Jessie. Only problem would be if
it were something which has to be built in and it blew out the size of
the image too much. The decision to enable would be a lot easier if the
bug report contained a positive test result from having rebuilt with
that option, but that's not mandatory.

For #1 and #3 I think are questions for the upstream developers.

I'd suggest testing the 4.0.x kernel from Sid first though.

Ian.