Re: Re: jessie installation problem on arm sheevaplug

>Does this boot?
>
>This is how I prepare the image:
>
>wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/device-tree/kirkwood-sheevaplug.dtb
>wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/sheevaplug/uImage
># Remove the u-boot header
>dd if=uImage of=kernel.without bs=1 skip=64
>rm -f uImage
># Append device tree
>cat kirkwood-sheevaplug.dtb >> kernel.without
># Create new uImage
>sudo apt-get install u-boot-tools
>mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x00008000 -e 0x00008000 -n "Debian kernel" -d kernel.without uImage

Thanks Martin...
I have tested this way of preparation of the image and it booted well (no need to set machid).
But now the installer fails in the "Install the base system" step,
saying: "No installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources"...
when the last time I tested with changed machid and original uImage it worked with the same sources.
May be needed to set mainlineLinux or arcNumber environment variables? I do not have them set currently.