Re: Reboot on Banana Pi not working?

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:41:27AM +0000, Stuart Winter wrote:

> Hello
>
> Trying to reboot on my Banana Pi using this kernel doesn't work -the OS
> shuts down but the Banana Pi never reboots.
> I had a look at the Fedora Kernel (Linux 4.x) which has the same problem.
>
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux/kernel-image-3.19.0-trunk-armmp-di_3.19.1-1~exp1_armhf.udeb
                                                                                    ^^                     ^^^^
Hello,

that is an installer udeb which is not intended for installation on an
already installed system.  Have you built a custom debian-installer
with this udeb, or do you perhaps mean

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-3.19.0-trunk-armmp_3.19.1-1~exp1_armhf.deb or
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-3.19.0-trunk-armmp-lpae_3.19.1-1~exp1_armhf.deb

instead?

> Has anybody else found this?
> The Linux 3.4 Kernel in Bananian does reboot.

I cannot reproduce your problem on my Banana Pi, rebooting works here
without problems with both linux-image-3.19.0-trunk-armmp and
linux-image-3.19.0-trunk-armmp-lpae on u-boot 2014.10+dfsg1-3. Which
u-boot version do you use?

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der