Re: Providing (armhf) u-boot images together with d-i images?

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 10:54:10AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2015-01-05, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> (2015-01-02):
> >> Ok, I'll change the wording for V4. My intention was to provide a
> >> generic README that works regardless of which compression options
> >> one chooses in the makefile, so that switching from .gz to .xz
> >> would be simple without having to think of updating documentation
> >> elsewhere.
> >
> > Given discussions on this patchset are still going on, I've decided to
> > stop waiting on it, and to upload d-i without it.
>
> Not to delay a new d-i version, but I'm wondering if it makes sense to
> decouple some of the parts of the patchset into a smaller patchset at
> this point, such as the netboot/tftpboot support with u-boot only sd
> images? Maybe concatenateable images?
>
> Some of these features seem only somewhat related, and it would be nice
> to get the uncontested bits out of the way.

I agree; patches 1+2 (providing "bare" u-boot images for
platforms without u-boot in ROM/flash) have been uncontroversial,
so unless somebody explicitly objects, I intend to commit them to
the d-i git during the next days, now that d-i rc1 is out.

In addition, I think we should add Kibi's patch from
to generate proper built-using entries.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der