Re: Installation of Debian on SheevaPlug

* Ulrich Kleynmans <upk58@mnet-mail.de> [2015-01-09 19:29]:
> Installation is done with uImage und uInitrd from ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/sheevaplug/.
> Installation can be started and works as expected until 'Making the
> system bootable' at 33%. Last successfull operation was 'Installed
> u-boot-tools '. After this the install hangs without error message. I
> waited for serveral hours.

When this happens, please make another SSH connection to the installer
and open a shell (when you connect with SSH, it will ask if you want
to run the installer or a shell).  Then take a look at /var/log/syslog
to see what's going on, or possibly use "ps aux" to see what commands
are running/stuck.

> But new uImage and uInitrd are not generated, I searched the whole
> device for it.

This is related to the problem above.  The uImage/uInitrd files are
generated after the step that hung in your installation.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/