Re: Debian in a Pcduino3

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 03:36:34PM +0100, Patrice Go wrote:

> However, i don't know if the dtb (and others modifications to
> do) can be done just in reading the electronic shema...  but if
> it is necessary to have the physical board to know more
> precisely some I/O address, i can give some informations
> (there's an installed OS - not the one i want- with a Shell in
> the pcduino3 board) from this one.  If it can help for the next
> dtb.

Thanks for the offer, but for the pcduino3 all necessary work in
this regard has already been done.

> Is there a mean to know when the dtb and others spécifications,
> enabling the install in pcduino3, will be in jessie ?  I don't
> know how to find this information and where are the diff from
> jessie enouncing that...

I cannot really give a proper time estimate as that depends on a
variety of factors (in particular other outstanding kernel issues
and availability of time in the kernel and release teams).  There
is no such thing as a "complete Jessie changelog"; you would have
to check the package changelogs of the packages that need to be
updated (kernel, flash-kernel and u-boot) on packages.debian.org.

The current state of affairs is:

- Flash-kernel support for the pcduino3 has entered unstable:
  http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/f/flash-kernel/flash-kernel_3.30_changelog

- Support for the pcduino3 in kernel 3.16 has been accepted into
  the kernel subversion repository and will enter unstable with
  the next kernel package upload:
  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/kernel?view=revision&revision=22233

As support for the pcduino3 in flash-kernel and kernel 3.16 has
been accepted so far that it will at least enter unstable, it is
now the time to enable building the pcduino3 target in u-boot.
As Vagrant stated before, you must open a wishlist bug against
u-boot for that and declare in the bug that you are willing to
test the builds for the pcduino3 target.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der