Re: Beaglebone Black - Unable to boot after installing debian Jessie with Robert C. Nelson netinstall

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Rubén Gómez Antolí <lobo@mucharuina.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> (Please CC me, I'm not on the list. And sorry for my bad english.)
>
> After "fight" several days with booting a BBB with EMMC Robert C. Nelson
> Debian netinstall, I need to ask for help.
>
> Steps I do:
>
> 1. Download Robert C. Nelson netinstall git repository from
>
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/netinstall
>
> 2. Prepare a SD card with:
>
> ./mk_mmc.sh --mmc /dev/sdb --dtb am335x-boneblack --distro jessie-armhf
> --firmware
>
> using root user.
>
> 3. Boot from SD and install Debian with installer.
>
> 4. Partitions:
>
> /dev/mmcblk1p1 - Vfat - Don't touch original partition from BBB.
> /dev/mmcblk1p2 - ext2 - /boot (with boot mark).
> /dev/mmcblk1p5 - swap
> /dev/mmcblk1p6 - btrfs - /

Did this actually boot?  I do have btrfs support in the kernel build,
but u-boot does "not"... On of things my NetInstall does, if the
rootfs is on the same media as the boot location, u-boot will actually
search all (7) mmc partitions to load vmlinuz/initrd.img... However
with out btrfs support in u-boot this throws a major fork into that
assumption. (for when boot drive != rootfs drive (u-boot can't read
the rootfs drive), i use the boot drive to store the vmlinuz/intrd.img
to jump into the rootfs)

btw, do a fresh git pull, the "vfat" partition should no longer exist,
i typically test with:

/dev/mmcblk1p1 - ext2 - /boot/ (partition created by netinstall)
/dev/mmcblk1p5 - swap
/dev/mmcblk1p6 - ext4 - /

Regards,

--