Re: updating Sheevaplug and Openrd patches for u-boot v2014.07

Héllo,

On 12/07/2014 15:21, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 09:04 +0200, drEagle wrote:
>
>> Agree with you, it's an important missing part from the mainline u-boot for the SheevaPlug.
>>
>> I have already made some tries to do so, but never successed... for now.
>
> My main advice would be to CC the right folks from
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Custodians, in this case that seems
> likely to be Pantelis Antoniou for the MMC side and Prafulla Wadaskar
> for the Marvell/kirkwood side. Perhaps include Albert as the overall ARM
> custodian.
>
> If they don't reply then you should send them a ping after a couple of
> weeks. Persistence is the main thing which is needed to get stuff
> accepted.
>
> Now seems to be a good time to be resubmitting stuff because a merge
> window is opening imminently
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/ReleaseCycle.

SD/MMC driver for kirkwood (MVEBU_MMC) and support for Sheevaplugs and OpenRD added and now mainline

It was upstreamed in master branch yesterday.

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=3fe3b4fb1c5adb00502276312696e38e9a7e9b5b

Included in the next (201410) release.

Take care that it still need some other patch;
- mvsata support
- ext4 support
- hask script support
- uboot corruption fix -> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/373990/

Thank's to Debian team who add support of all versions of MVSDIO driver in the debian u-boot package.

Enjoy,