Re: DTBs in cd images, kexec & installer testing

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 07:03:44PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:22:04 +0100 Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2014-07-13 at 11:48 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> > Is there even any ARM platform out there with a optical drive on it?
>
> ISOs are not just about optical drives. (Yes, there are ARMv8 platforms
> currently available which have DVD rewriters installed). ISOs are also
> a good way (possibly the most common way) of writing an SD card and
> the only way to get some devices to boot.

It's not clear to me weather you mean disk images in the general sense, or ISO
images specifically, and what specifically you mean by ISO images. Maybe
that is the source of some confusion.

The Wikipedia page of ISO_image suggests it's specifically related to optical
media, although can be used on other media such as USB sticks. There's also no
specific filesystem associated, although it's commonly iso9660 or UDF formatted:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

I think most of the ISO images produced by debian-installer tend to be iso9660
formatted, last I looked. That does not seem to be a common format used for
the SD images I've seen for various ARM platforms.

live well,
  vagrant