Re: qcontrol/ttyS1 on QNAP TS-421

On 2014-02-16 20:31, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sun, 2014-02-16 at 20:12 +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
So how does the stock firmware disable the watchdog during the boot?

Via the kernel driver perhaps? Maybe via a custom ioctl. You'll have to
use the (kernel) source I'm afraid.

OK - I have figured it out.

On the stock firmware there is a binary executable called pic_raw
(and a number of other related pic* binaries).

pic_raw takes opcodes in decimal. The ones I have established
the meaning off by grepping the init scripts and trial and
error are as follows:

 68 After Power Loss Go To Last State
 76 (INT) Power LED Blink
 77 (INT) Power LED ON
 80 Silence Buzzer
 81 Unsilence Buzzer
 84 Status LED Blink RED Fast
 85 Status LED Blink GREEN Fast
 86 Status LED ON GREEN
 87 Status LED ON RED
 88 Status LED Blink GREEN/RED Fast
 89 Status LED OFF
 90 Status LED Blink GREEN Slow
 91 Status LED Blink RED Slow
 92 Status LED Blink GREEN/RED Fast
 93 Status LED ON RED
 99 10G Ethernet Extra
100 1G Ethernet Extra
103 WATCHDOG OFF
104 WATCHDOG ON, 5min REBOOT
105 WATCHDOG ON, 5min OFF
192 LED MODE (LOGO MODEL)
193 LED MODE (LOGO MODEL)
194 LED MODE (LOGO MODEL)
244 EUP OFF
245 EUP ON

Some are not applicable to my TS-421, so the meaning
comes from comments in the init scripts.

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone here
but I thought I'd mention it.

I am now using the stock 2.6.33.2 kernel to avoid
the missing RAM issue.

Gordan