Re: issues with experimental kernels on imx6 based boards.

Hi,

On Monday 22 December 2014 16:27:20 Neil Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:08:25 +0000
>
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 23:51:41 +0000
> >
> > peter green <plugwash@p10link.net> wrote:
> > > Currently there are (among others) the following kernels installed
> > > on the boards.
> > >
> > > linux-image-3.16-trunk-armmp version 3.16-1~exp1
> > > linux-image-3.17-1-armmp version 3.17-1~exp1
> > > linux-image-3.18.0-trunk-armmp version 3.18-1~exp1
> >
> > I'm doing some tests with the armmp kernels on imx6q-wandboard, could
> > you let me know the output of 'lsmod' when running an armmp kernel on
> > imx6 - preferably with a SATA drive attached? If not, just with the SD
> > card.
>
> It's OK, Peter. I've found the module names I needed to be able to
> access the SATA inside the initramfs with the ARMMP kernel:
>
> ahci_platform
> ahci_imx
> sd-mod

just to give an additional datapoint: I have not yet seen any issues here,
though the cubox-i is not heavy loaded either:

Last login: Tue Dec 23 15:33:24 2014 from blackbox
rd@home:~$ uptime
 15:34:16 up 9 days, 17:22,  2 users,  load average: 2,06, 0,78, 0,40
rd@home:~$ uname -a
Linux home 3.18.0-trunk-armmp #1 SMP Debian 3.18-1~exp1 (2014-12-11) armv7l
GNU/Linux
rd@home:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
evdev                  10154  2
imx_ipuv3_crtc          9145  0
snd_soc_imx_spdif       1782  0
imx_ipu_v3             60060  1 imx_ipuv3_crtc
imx_hdmi               15285  0
snd_soc_fsl_spdif      14299  2
i2c_imx                 9693  0
ci_hdrc_imx             3025  0
imx_pcm_dma              892  1 snd_soc_fsl_spdif
ci_hdrc                29317  1 ci_hdrc_imx
ir_lirc_codec           4503  0
ir_xmp_decoder          2751  0
ir_mce_kbd_decoder      3817  0
lirc_dev               10658  1 ir_lirc_codec
ehci_hcd               64722  1 ci_hdrc
ir_sharp_decoder        2073  0
usbmisc_imx             4730  1 ci_hdrc_imx
snd_soc_core          148286  4
imx_pcm_dma,snd_soc_imx_spdif,snd_soc_fsl_spdif
ir_sony_decoder         2055  0
ir_sanyo_decoder        2297  0
ir_jvc_decoder          2061  0
phy_mxs_usb             5377  2
snd_compress           11286  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine       3339  1 snd_soc_core
ir_rc6_decoder          2701  0
ir_rc5_decoder          2341  0
imx2_wdt                2937  0
snd_pcm                76878  2 snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
imxdrm                  6522  3 imx_ipuv3_crtc,imx_hdmi
ir_nec_decoder          2493  0
snd_timer              17995  1 snd_pcm
drm_kms_helper         74204  4 imxdrm,imx_ipuv3_crtc,imx_hdmi
snd                    52263  4 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_compress
soundcore               5359  1 snd
pwm_imx                 3556  1
drm                   237592  6 drm_kms_helper,imxdrm,imx_ipuv3_crtc,imx_hdmi
leds_pwm                2934  0
gpio_ir_recv            2744  0
fuse                   81242  1
autofs4                30653  2
ext4                  493796  1
crc16                   1146  1 ext4
mbcache                 8258  1 ext4
jbd2                   88467  1 ext4
ahci_imx                5915  0
libahci_platform        5615  1 ahci_imx
libahci                23162  2 ahci_imx,libahci_platform
libata                161606  3 ahci_imx,libahci,libahci_platform
sdhci_esdhc_imx        11705  0
sdhci_pltfm             3522  1 sdhci_esdhc_imx
scsi_mod              183198  1 libata
sdhci                  38217  2 sdhci_pltfm,sdhci_esdhc_imx
at803x                  3438  0
rd@home:~$

Kind regards,
Rainer