Re: Questions about adding new kernel configs to support omap5 devboard

On Wed, 2014-12-10 at 18:24 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> However, I found that it (menuconfig) doesn’t actually affect the real
> configs while doing binary-arch packaging (though it does change
> debian/build/build_armhf_none_armmp-lpae/.config). What I have done
> (while testing) was adding the required configs to the end of
> debian/build/config.armhf_none_armmp-lpae (for temporary packaging test).

To make them permanent you want to be adding the differences from the
baseline to debian/config/armhf/config*. Most likely to config.armmp
(which is the baseline for armmp-lpae too).

> The second question is about adding missing .ko while making initrd.
> Right now, in order to include necessary regulator drivers
> (palmas-regulator.ko etc.) in the initrd, I have to manually add
> the required modules in /etc/initramfs-tools/modules. Is it necessary
> to look into initramfs-tools and make a patch to include the required
>  .ko by default? Or there are other preferred ways to solve the
> problem if the OMAP5432 uEVM can be called supported by Debian.

This is the job or initramfs-tools. v0.118 in sid tries harder to load
things like regulators, clk, phy and pinctrl, what version are you
using?

Ian.