src:mia test failures on arm with "illegal opcode"

Dear all,

when looking at the build attempt on armhf of my package src:mia, I get
failures in the tests [1]

Apart from some
  "memory access violation at address: 0x00000000"

I also get an illegal opcode:

35/267 Test  #36: slopeclassifier .....................***Failed    0.07
sec
Running 16 test cases...
unknown location(0): fatal error in "test_classifier_rd5": signal:
illegal opcode; address of failing instruction: 0xb6980454
/«PKGBUILDDIR»/mia/core/test_slopeclassifier.cc(231): last checkpoint

*** 1 failure detected in test suite "Master Test Suite"

I successfully build the package on armhf, in a sid pbuilder on a
Utilite pro [2] around the time the build failed on the Debian build
machine.

Now I'm wondering whether anyone has an idea how it can happen that the
compiler creates opcodes that are later illegal. Shouldn't the compiler
be restricted to the instruction set of the build machine?

And of, course, what can I do to fix these issues, especially since I
can not reproduce them on my hardware?

Many thanks,
Gert

[1]