Re: DreamPlug-jessie troubles

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 03:16:13PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> flash-kernel will append a dtb by default, which I think will take

This is an important thing I was missing.  Thanks!

> precedence over anything you provide via the bootloader. When you say
> "no dtb" do you just mean "didn't give one in the bootloader"? Do your

I meant bootm with two arguments instead of three.

> kernels have one appended? IIRC dreamplug never had board-file support
> so a dtb must be coming from somewhere.
>
> The uImage header is 64 bytes so the uImage should either be
> sizeof(vmlinuz)+64 or sizeof(vmlinuz)+sizeof(dtb)+64.

Yes, you are correct, uImage is sizeof(vmlinuz)+sizeof(dtb)+64.

> This doesn't appear to have actually used your initrd, despite you
> having loaded one above, in particular there is no "Unpacking
> initramfs..." message and none of the expected logging from the
> initramfs.
>
> I'm not sure why this should be. Seeing your u-boot bootcmd might be
> helpful/informative.

After interpolation, it's roughly equivalent to

usb start; ext2load usb 0:1 0x6400000 /boot/uImage; \
   ext2load usb 0:1 0x6800000 /boot/uInitrd; \
   bootm 0x6400000 0x6800000

The problematic configuration (which I guess worked with wheezy as
a no-op?) included an ext2load of /boot/dtb and passing that address
to bootm.