Re: A10-OLinuXino-LIME board

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 07:24:32PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:

> I've been playing with this €40 board at DebConf, and had no trouble
> getting Debian working using a stock kernel (from experimental). Since
> it boots from a microsd card, it can't be bricked and should be quite
> easy to support in d-i (using a hd-media image).
>
> The only blocker is that it needs the non-mainline u-boot from
> https://linux-sunxi.org/U-Boot
> This u-boot is needed for many other boards and would be good to get
> into the archive somehow.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner/A10-OLinuXino-LIME
> https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A10/A10-OLinuXino-LIME/open-source-hardware

Hello,

I just wanted to ask whether you have given current mainline
u-boot master (from http://git.denx.de/u-boot.git/) another try
on the A10-OLinuXino-LIME.

According to

http://git.denx.de/u-boot.git/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=09f951028f9bd480aac90a6bac35a71d361e8891

support for the board should be in there now. Btw, mainline
u-boot has recently modified its build system to use Kconfig, so
for building from the current mainline tree, one needs to run

make A10-OLinuXino-Lime_defconfig

instead of

make A10-OLinuXino-Lime_config

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der