Re: build a package for Raspberry PI

On Thursday 04 September 2014 08:01 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
Set up a chroot using just Raspbian binaries, and build/develop in
that. It should be possible to do things directly on the Wheezy
system, but you'd have to very careful to make sure no v7-only code
gets into your binaries and that's not very easy to do.

THanks Steve. Since it was just a single package to build, I built it on the Pi itself.

There are plenty of more capable ARMv7 devices around at costs similar
to the RPi now, so I'd recommend using one of those instead if you
have the choice.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs
Debian - The Universal Operating System