Re: Cubox-i-notes questions

Hi Ian,

thanks for reporting back.

On Sunday 20 July 2014 10:37:42 you wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
> I was just following your cubox-i notes at
> <http://bokomoko.de/~rd/Debian/cubox-i-notes.txt>
> Very helpful thanks. After following your notes exactly I ran into
> problems with the deb bootstrap command.
> I wondered if you had any ideas that could help?
> Thanks
> Ian Davidson
>
> original command...
> blackbox:~# qemu-debootstrap --foreign
> --include=ntp,ntpdate,less,u-boot,u-boot-tools,flash-kernel,linux-image-3.14
> -1-armmp,bash-completion,linux-firmware,fake-hwclock,emacs --exclude=nano
> --arch=armhf jessie /mnt/tmp
> http://http.debian.net/debian
>

> Problem 1) 'linux-firmware' package did not exist. I changed this to
> 'firmware-linux-free'. Seemed to be ok.

Better is to use apt-get in a later step and omit all the includes altogether.

> Problem 2) initramfs dependancy package did not like to be
> debootstrapped.
>

> #cat /mnt/tmp/debootstrap/debootstrap.log
>
> Setting up initramfs-tools (0.115) ...
> update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
> Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.115) ...
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.14-1-armmp
> Warning: root device  does not exist
> Unsupported platform.
> run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//flash-kernel exited with return
> code 1
> dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
>   subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> status 1
>   initramfs-tools

That is probably related to FK_MACHINE.

I have an updated version of the notes, which I took some days back, when I
tried to prepare an SD card for the cubox-i2ultra. The should cover your
issues, but I could not fully test it since the Debian u-boot seems to be
incompatible with the Cubox-i2ultra, therefore I did not release it so far,
but your feedback tells me, I should distribute the update, even though it is
not tested:

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/Debian/cubox-i-notes-untested.txt

Please let me know if you have any positive of negative feedback.

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch