Tatan FTBFS on armel/armhf error: module string is in file 'std/string.d' which cannot be read

Hi all, (please CC me)

I'm currently investigating a build failure for Tatan on armel and
armhf. Tatan was written in D.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=tatan&suite=unstable

I can't make much sense of the error message since the only relevant
change between the last revision and this one was a fix for a broken
patch header. (#752952) It seems something changed in gdc for ARM in 4.9
and the string.d module is no longer present or has been moved to a
different location.

In Tatan's imports.patch we import the module in question with:

import std.string;

This works on amd64 and i386. Does anyone know why it doesn't on
armel/armhf anymore or can point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Markus