Re: Some problematic depchains on arm64.

+++ peter green [2014-06-22 22:27 +0100]:
> I've been looking at the packages in BD-Uninstallable/out-of-date on
> arm64 and trying to push things so they are no longer in that state.
> Mostly it's just been trivial autotools issues, loop breaking or
> waiting for builds. but there are a couple that I have traced to
> more serious issues that are beyond my time/ability to deal with.
>
> The first relates to lvm2. It's build-dependencies are unsatisfiable
> because of a chain that goes.
>
> lvm2->redhat-cluster->libvirt->sheepdog->zookeeper
>
> zookeeper is failling to build with a java crash. Ubuntu built it
> successfully but they built it with an older openjdk. I tried to
> test locally but it became pretty clear that openjdk and the version
> of qemu-system-aarch64 I was using did not get along.

OK, cheers for checking that out. zookeeper is one of the remaining
SCC packages: http://people.debian.org/~wookey/bootstrap/blockerlist
that has not had any real attention yet. I'll take a look.

> The second relates to quota. It's build-dependencies are
> unsatisfiable because of an incorrect breaks in eglibc 2.19-2. This
> is fixed in eglibc 2.19-3 but that failed to build with a testsuite
> failure. Since there don't seem to be any substantial changes
> between -2 and -3 (just minor packaging tweaks) I would guess this
> is caused by some change in the build environment. I don't know
> enough about eglibc to know if it's sane to make the failing tests
> as expected failures or not.

I did a manual build of eglibc to get round the testsuite failure
(which Adam knows about and will be fixed in next upload), but it
doesn't seem to have been installed. I'll see what's gone wrong there.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/