Re: wanted debootstrap script for wheezey or later armel

RichardBown wrote:
Hi
As this pogopig isn't playing on an install, I've mounted the USB HD on
~/debarm/work
and trying to run sudo debootstrap --arch armel wheezey work/ http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

E: No such script: /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/wheezey
As others have said you misspelt wheezy

But even if you spell it right generally to debootstrap a foreign architecture you do a two stage boostrap

to do the first stage run

sudo debootstrap --arch armel wheezy --foreign work/ http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

To do the second stage you have two options. Either you can do the second stage with user mode qemu or you can do it on the device. To do it with qemu you would do.

apt-get install qemu-arm-static binfmt-support
cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static work/usr/bin
chroot work
debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage

To do it on the device I presume you boot with init=/bin/sh and then run "debootstrap/deboostrap --second-stage" but i've never tried it.

I guess it might be possible to avoid the two stage bootstrap by copying qemu to the chroot location before starting the bootstrap process but I haven't tried this.