How to ensure clock is updated in a device driver

Hi, all,

I'm working on a driver to monitor a device. One of the things I need is an accurate time, and ARM clocks are notoriously subject to drift. Once the system is booted, that's not a problem as I can use an ntp server in a cron job to correct the time as necessary.

However, I need the time to be accurate during device driver initialization, also. How can I ensure ntp has run to update the system clock during initialization?

TIA.

Jerry