Re: Testing custom kernel on armmp (i.MX6)

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i own a UDOO board and I've been able to boot it with the Debian stock
> kernel from sid (3.13-1-armmp). Sadly the modules for Freescale
> ethernet devices are missing.
>
> Now I would like to ask the Debian kernel maintainers to enable the
> matching configuration options but before I want to test a kernel with
> those options enabled for myself.
>
> What´s the best option to rebuild the kernel source package
> (qemubuilder?) and how can I change the config options for the Debian
> kernel inside debian/config/...?
>
> Has anyone done this before here and if so, how? Any helpful pointers
> for as where to start? This is my first time digging deeper into ARM
> and honestly I´m a bit lost.

The modules are present, the udoo dts in v3.13.x is just lacking the
ethernet dts data..

Backport:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-udoo.dts?id=817c27a128e18aed840adc295f988e1656fed7d1

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-udoo.dts?id=0d5724283d4bcc45f085d1b4ab23e6b75200d693

and just rebuild only the "imx6q-udoo.dtb" as it should work fine with
the existing 3.13-1-armmp kernel/module install.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/