Re: QNAP TS-421 Kernel and Memory Size

On 15/02/14 00:01, Gordan Bobic wrote:
On 02/13/2014 07:26 PM, Tim Fletcher wrote:
On 13 Feb 2014, at 10:48, Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> wrote:
Is there a better kernel to use?

I suppose I could use the stock kernel with a custom initrd,
and hope qcontrol still works.

Does current 3.12 work?

Where can I get the package from?

Apologies if if this is a stupid question, I normally spend most of my
time in rpm land so I'm not quite up to speed with the debian way of
doing things and package sources.

3.12 is the current kernel in the Debian testing or jessie tree, I have a kirkwood and sunxi based system both running jessie with very few problems.

I personally just upgraded both my arm systems to jessie as they are tinkering systems rather than anything I actually use.

I have used the method given in this answer on a number of systems I care more about (home file server and firewall).

http://serverfault.com/a/382101

--
Tim Fletcher <tim@night-shade.org.uk>