Re: Porting debian on Nvidia tegra 2

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Divya Subramanian wrote:

> I have tried this but I want debian to be installed as Primary OS.
> Following Ubuntu-touch porting instructions, they are flashing a image, but
> no information is given on how to create that image. If anyone could tell me
> how is the boot image created then it would have been a great help. There is
> an application which helps to flash images.

They basically take the CyanogenMod/Android version of the Linux
kernel for the specific device and merge that into a normal Ubuntu
touch install. Then they grab binary blobs from CyanogenMod/Android
and merge those too.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

This approach is not suitable for Debian because we only support one
version of the Linux kernel. Debian will only officially support
mobile devices when people start merging support for them to Linux
mainline. In the meantime what you can do depends on how locked down
your bootloader is and how easily you can modify your Linux
kernel+initramfs partition.

--
bye,
pabs