Re: U-Boot on QNAP TS-421

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 00:36 +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> OK, I have Debian running on my QNAP now. :)
>
> I'm having a read through the initramfs but I can't seem to figure out
> where the rootfs override occurs. I can see all the standard stuff that
> is figuring out which FS it is by LABEL= and UUID= specifications on the
> kernel command line, but that is clearly not useful here because the
> kernel bootargs say root=/dev/ram, and that is certainly not the rootfs
> that ends up being used. How does it figure out which FS to mount as rootfs?

Flash kernel
installs /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/flash_kernel_set_root which
does:
        # The boot loader passes a bogus root= (e.g. root=/dev/ram), so
        # override the command line parameter.
        install -d $DESTDIR/conf
                 echo "ROOT=\"$rootdev\"" >> $DESTDIR/conf/param.conf

($DESTDIR will become the initramfs)

Ian.