Upgrade to linux-image-3.12-1-kirkwood on qnap ts-110 bricks the NAS (until recover)

Hi,

recently I tried to update to kernel linux-image-3.12-1-kirkwood (3.12.6-2). aptitude did not show any errors.

Unfortunately the NAS stuck on reboot: status LED red/green flash, no hdd operation.

Recovering (which took some time because I'm actually not prepared for such a situation) to linux-image-3.11-2-kirkwood allowed me to reboot.

Anybody else?  Any ideas how to find the actual cause?

Hardy