Re: Proposal to replace/extend current armhf builders

On 11/15/2013 03:06 AM, Arnaud Patard (Rtp) wrote:
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

> <snip>

I won't say it's bad or good but I'll say again what Markos told in a
previous mail: running buildd with non-mainline kernels already happened
in the past (while waiting support being merged).

If people *really* don't want non-mainline kernels, then we could go
for the utilite boards, I would suggest the Pro version:

http://utilite-computer.com/web/utilite-pro-specifications

Or Wanda or the Nitrogen6x we've just kindly been offered.

What's the mainline status of those?

I remember seeing some patches for wanda but I can't say the same for
utilite or nitrogen. I don't remember how hard it would be to push
support for them upstream / what's missing.

Patches are in flight in linux-arm for Nitrogen6x. SABRE Lite is
currently in main-line, and we can offer those as well.

The differences are pretty trivial (mostly form-factor). The
only kernel changes needed are in the DTB file, though Troy
is pushing some other fixes for things we've found in testing.

Regards,

Eric